Monday, January 23, 2012

Review: Revlon Photo Ready 3D Volume mascara


2 weeks ago I hauled some makeup from the drugstore and the new Revlon Photoready mascara was one of those items. It was on sale for $5.99 at CVS and there was a $3 extrabucks with purchase and of course, I couldn't pass it up. There are 3 colors available; Blackened Brown, Black and Blackest Black (the color i picked up).

I was curious because the brush looked somewhat similar to Benefit's They're Real Mascara. I've been wanting to try Benefits they're real but I'm not too keen on spending so much for a product that has such a short shelf life and I think the drugstore has plenty of Mascaras that are just as good as some high end ones. Plus most of the reviews that I've seen for They're Real are from gals who are blessed in the lash department. Which I unfortunately am not. My lashes have been healthier and more fuller then usual because I don't wear makeup everyday so they don't get the normal wear and tear as they used to before when I wore mascara all the time. They still are short and thin though so I can always use some volume and length.








some creepy close up eye pictures:
Bare lashes before


with 2 coats of Photoready 3D after


My expectations for this mascara wasn't so high because Revlon isn't really known for their Mascaras but I am impressed.  The formula is a little wet but not as wet as Maybelline The Falsies Mascara and I love how black it is. It adds a good amount of length  and some volume without clumping my lashes together.  The rounded end is great for getting into my inner lashes that most big mascara wands don't allow me to coat.  There are a few things that I didn't like but not enough to make me stay away from this mascara like how the end has a lot of product on it (which is inevitable). I experienced some slight smudging but nothing terrible like I have with L'oreal Voluminous mascara (both water proof and regular) and the wand is a little shorter then most Mascaras.



To sum it up:



Pros:
  • Inexpensive ranging between $7-9 dollars depending on where you get it
  • Drugstores usually have BOGO sales and combined with coupons you can get them even cheaper!
  • The brush itself is great thanks to the rounded end which can get to the hard to reach lashes and bottom lashes
  • Adds length and volume
  • Separates and defines lashes
  • Minimum to no clumping
  • No flaking
  • Comes off easily with makeup remover
  • Doesn't Weigh down My lashes or makes them hard
  • The packaging looks sleek



Cons:
  • It doesn't add as much volume as I like
  • Slight smudging ( but I have really oily lids and for a non waterproof formula, it didn't smudge as much as I originally expected).
  • The wand is a little short and maybe be a bit awkward to hold



Overall I'm happy with this mascara and would repurchase it again.


19 comments:

  1. i was looking for this but think ill wait it out on another revlon sale... thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good thing theres always sales at the drugstores. hopefully you find it soon!

      Delete
  2. This makes your lashes look great! I'm pretty impressed- I've never tried Revlon mascaras but I've heard so-so things. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I haven't tried any revlon mascaras either so this is my first.

      Delete
  3. if it isn't for the smudging, i would say that's some serious volumizing effect! :D for mascaras though im still and probably will always be a maybelline girl :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know what u mean. But the smudging is very minimal =)

      Delete
  4. wow you can see a nice volume effect.. I love mascara any new ones I always love trying out.
    great post
    oh by the way new follower .. :)

    Invite you to check my blog out !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following, i will definitely check it out!

      Delete
  5. That mascara has a really nice volumizing effect. :)

    By the way, I tagged you in a random facts post. :)
    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/2012/01/tagged-random-facts-and-questions.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I am so glad I came across your blog! I love it, now a follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. guuuuurl your lashes are he//a thick already!!! you don't even need mascara :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I wish they were! i don't know why they look hella thick in the picture without mascara.

      Delete
  8. thanks for the review! i was thinking that i have a few new mascara that i'm trying and reviewing and i havent seen this one yet. i want to try it. the results are really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try. I am also trying out the l'oreal false fiber one that i need to review.

      Delete
    2. the loreal false fiber mascara is replacing my maybelline falsies as mascara as a go to! im loving it. i hope it works as well for you as it is for me!

      Delete
  9. you have AMAZING lashes! i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...