Monday, January 16, 2012

MAC Naturally Lipsticks: A Perfect Day & Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk & A Perfect Day


About a week and a half ago I placed an order on the MAC website for 2 lipsticks from the Naturally Collection. As much as  wanted to get a few other things, I restrained myself and just got A Perfect Day & Pillow Talk. Although I'm thinking of picking up the Red Head MSF.

Here are some pics of them in the tube and hand swatches. I also took pictures of each color on my lips with no lip liner underneath or gloss on top to get the true color. Hopefully it'll be helpful for anyone especially those who are the same shade as me (NC30/35) if you are thinking of getting it. I tried to capture the color as true to life as I can.

A Perfect Day: left side no flash, right side with flash


A Perfect Day a beautiful light pink nude that I wasn't sure would work for me. I thought it was going to completely wash me out and give me that corpse look but luckily it doesn't. Maybe it's because my lips are really pigmented. Its definitely a shade that looks better suited with a darker smokey eye in my opinion but still has enough color to wear every day if you like. Although for me, I'd probably pair it with a darker lip liner underneath.

Pillow Talk: left side no flash, right side with flash

Pillow Talk is described as a midtone rosy nude on MACs website. In the tube and swatched, it looks just as described but on my lips it leans a little more brown but that may be due to the fact that i layered it a few times. It's a great everyday color and I think it would be nice nude for those with a darker skin tone.

I hope you find these swatches helpful. Did you pick up anything from the collection?


8 comments:

  1. nice blog!
    http://regzyoshizato.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great haul! i wanted the lipsticks, but i had to limit myself. i got three of the four lipglasses, even if two look super similar hahaha..maybe i'll go back for one. i have too many neutral lipsticks that i don't wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG PILLOW TALK IS STUNNING ON YOU!!!!! I WANT!!! NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are pretty colors. I have yet to check them out! thanks for sharing.

    http://simplybeautifulyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things...

    1) Thank you for following!

    and 2) Thanks for this post, especially cuz I'm the same shade as you so this gives me a much better idea of what these two may look on me.

    Awesome blog overall though.. definitely following back ;)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ yummy411: I wanted 2 of the lipgloss but I kept heard the scent was bothersome.

    @ Maryam: thanks doll! I think you should get it, I know it would look lovely on you!

    @ thelipjunkie: thanks for following back and your welcome! I'm glad it'll help. Your blog has been helpful in guiding me to choose some bright colors as Im not sure how they'd look on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is indeed very helpful..both shades are really pretty and both suits you really well! =) Perfect day is such a lovely shade would definitely check this out..Thanks for the swatches and review ^_^~

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...