Friday, January 6, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo: Tough As Taupe



Last weekend I picked up one of the new cream shadows from Maybellines new color tattoo line. I would have loved to get more but this year I'm trying to be practical with my beauty purchases. I don't want to get something on impulse just cause the color is pretty or bright. I decided on Tough as Taupe since its a neutral shade and something I now I'd put to good use.

no flash, natural indoor lighting

with flash

Tough as Taupe is a true taupe and what's unique is that it's a matte formula. I've never seen a matte taupe cream shadow before. The packaging and formula remind me of MAC paint pots. Although when I dipped my finger in it, it seemed just a bit more firm but blended out just like a paint pots. I haven't tried this on my eyes yet but this didn't budge at all on my hand. Although I'm sure the turn out will be different since I have oily lids.

Here it is compared to L'oreal hip liner, MAC paint pot and Make Up Forever aqua cream

Next to my drying painterly paint pot =(


I can't wait to use this especially with my Naked 2 palette. I'm thinking of maybe getting Audacious Asphalt and Bad to the Bronze. Did you haul any of the Color Tattoo eye shadows?

16 comments:

  1. They look super nice. I like matte. And taupe always looks good.

    Can't wait to see them on.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an enabler. i just did a drugstore haul of sorts vid and i skipped past these because i have ENOUGH paint pots etc.. i get weak at gray items and this is so unique... drool.. must go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did. I picked up 2 with fear and excitement at the same time since I have oily lids and everything creases on me. I am happy to say that these didn't creased at all!! I'm buying more for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't seem to find these or the Maybelline Dream Bouncy and the Loreal Infallible Shadows anywhere! I would really like to try them out. Great review!

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh, I seriously need to find these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @yummy411: girLLLL, anytime I read blog hauls or reviews, it's all bad lol. I only own 3 paint pots so and they're pretty neutral. The more I think about it, I want more of the color tattoos!

    @Sue: it didn't crease on me when I used it last night either :)

    @Joanne: I can't find seem to find the L'oreal infallible shadows either. Hopefully I find some when I go out tomorrow.

    @Krystal: hopefully you find these soon. You're in the bay area like me so I would think or hope you can find them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got Bad to the Bronze and it sure didn't last 24 hrs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Distinque: I don't believe their claim on 24hr wear, plus wouldn't wear makeup for 24 hours lol. I got a good 9-10 hours with no primer underneath before creasing with this shade and my lids are SUPER DUPER oily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the 5th hour I got creasing and 9th hour half of it was gone. I used it without a primary base and I didn't put eyeshadow on it. Good thing I'm tan and bad to the bronze disappearing on my lids wasn't too obvious. I'm glad it worked for you though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Distinque: I'd be bummed if that happened to me! I wonder if the different finishes make a difference. I wish I was more tanned!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pop that paint pot in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and it will be as good as new !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder how these (particularly this colour) would fare when worn in the crease on their own. This would be such a beautiful crease colour, but I can't fathom being able to put a cream product in my crease without my oily lids eating it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Tasha: thanks for the tip, I'll try it!

    @ SilhouetteScreams: I havent tried it just by itself. I had this all over my lids and crease with just eyeshadow on top and it stayed well for a good 9 hours. No primer underneath. I always have reset any cream cause my lids are oily too.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...