Here it is, The much anticipated Naked 2...
top row: Naked 2 (Foxy is all the way on the top left but blends into my skin)
Bottom row: Original Naked palette
Being the beauty junkie that I am, I was stalking Urban Decays Facebook page and kept checking my email for the notification or announcement that it's finally available to purchase. So when I saw on their Facebook page saying that it was available, I went to their website, added 2 to my cart and waited about 2-3 minutes debating if I was going to get just 1 or 2. Not for the purpose of reselling at a ridiculous price because I think that's just wrong to do but I was thinking about getting an extra one as a gift for my sister but I wanted to see it for myself first. Thank goodness I didn't wait any longer as I removed 1 and eagerly placed my order because after that, the website started to slow down like crazy and you could see everyone complaining on the UD Facebook page. Can't blame them though, I'd be upset too.
This palette has been hyped so much and sold out just as fast as the original. I missed out on the first when it was initially released and finally got my hands on it in January when the craziness died down. As much as Urban Decay hyped it up & kept us folks on our feet about it's debut, you would of thought they would have been prepared for the rush and have more then 5,000 available to the public right? Unfortunately they didn't which I don't understand why when the first one did so well.
One thing that annoyed me was the repeat of Half Baked. Also I could have done without the lip gloss as it doesn't really show up on my pigmented lips and have a mini primer potion instead. The brush is a great addition though and I much prefer this version than it's predecessor because of the matte black and the matte cream color but i wish there were a few more matte shades. If you have the first one, I personally don't think you have to go out of your way to get this since most of the shades are similar. So just wait till they have em available again. I fathom the thought of someone overpaying for a neutral palette. Overall I think it's a great palette to have in your personal stash.



can't believe it's sold out already.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thegirlieblog.com
I've seen a lot of blogger raving about it <33 Thx for the review, I feel like buying it now ^^
ReplyDelete@ Girlie: I know, UD is just toying with people! They Should have produced way more.
ReplyDelete@Rindodo: I'm not surprised since the 1st did so well. If you do plan to, sign up for their mailing list and don't hesitate to order if you don't want to wait=)
We got our Naked 2 palettes in the mail on Monday & were thrilled...especially with the dual ended brush. :) We agree with you that UD should have been way more prepared. Maybe they do it on purpose?!?
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog & we're now following. We'd love for you to visit our blogtoo. Be sure to enter for our Sephora Collection giveaway going on now...it's valued at over $100! :)
Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/2011/12/sephora-collection-giveaway.html
I have the first one, and got really excited about hte Naked 2, but I'm pretty sad the shades are all so similar. Why even make a new palette at all if you're gonna include such similar shades AND Half Baked again?
ReplyDeleteWeird.
Great review!
Wow, I am so envious! I have the original Naked palette with the brush instead of the eyeliner. I really want this one now :p But it all looks similar enough :)
ReplyDeletei SO CAN'T wait to get my hands on the naked palette here in the uk!
ReplyDeletehttp://tzeyien89.blogspot.com/ xxx
great post! i liked the swatches of the original naked palette above the naked2 swatches. so informative thanks!
ReplyDeletewww.sparklethat.blogspot.com
i'm completely obsessed with NAKED 2!! p. s. i'm patiently waiting till xmas to get mine from santa lol
ReplyDelete