Thursday, December 29, 2011

Confetti New Years Eve Look

Hey everyone! I hope your holidays have been filled with family, food and joy. Since new years eve is just around the corner, I've been seeing everyone doing some kind of look for NYE using glitter so I thought I'd try it myself.

I bought some glitter from Eye Kandy cosmetics last year at IMATS in Pasadena but its just been sitting in my drawer since then so i thought why not give it some love?! The holidays, especially New Years eve is all about the the Glitz and Glam (or at least I think so) and I think it's fun to jazz up your look with some glitter. This is my first time using glitter on my eyes, well applying it myself so it was a bit tricky to use so it didn't come out exactly as I envisioned it. I still liked how it looked though. I tried it out at IMATS but one of the Eye Kandy Employees applied it as a liner on me.

For this look I used the Super Fine Glitter from Eye Kandy cosmetics in the shade Confetti which is a pretty holographic color.  I love it and the pictures don't do it justice. I left my lips neutral/nude since the glitter is already an attention getter. All shadows I used were from both Urban Decays Naked and Naked2 palette.




my eyes started to water, hence the creasing in the inner corners =(











Products used: 
Face 
MUFE HD foundation #127 
Hard Candy Glamoflauge light mixed with Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing concealer in medium Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Beige (medium 2-2.5) 
N.Y.C. Sunny bronzer 
theBalm Hot Mama! blush 
Eyes 
Too Faced Shadow Insurance 
Maybelline dream matte powder all over lid, up to brows 
Verve (lid) 
Bootycall (inner corner & lower lash line) 
Naked & Buck (crease transition) 
Blackout (outer corner, lower lash line and out half of crease) 
Eye Kandy cosmetics Super Fine glitter in Confetti
Essence Midnight in Paris gel eyeliner 
Salon Perfect Demi wispies lashes 
Brows 
MUFE Brow corrector #3 
MAC NW25 studio finish concealer to clean up the line under my brows 
Lips 
NYX Natural lip liner 
Wet n' Wild Bare it All 902C lipstick 
Gosh Darling lipstick applied to middle of lips and blended outwards 


Hope you like it! What are your plans for NYE? Are you going all out with your makeup?

12 comments:

  1. YAY! This look is fun! :) and OMG girl, that blush rocks you well! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl, I'm starting to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to experiment on glitter but i have been traumatized by a stray glitter on my eye when i was in elementary and since then i was never fond of loose glitter. I love them in eyeshadows and eyeliners but never the loose ones. I hope I would be able to get over my fear and play with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanne: I'm sorry you had to experience that. I'd be traumatized too if that happened to me. That's one of the reasons I haven't really touched them until now. As long as its cosmetic grade glitter and it specifically says you can use it on your eyes, you should be fine. Also using a good tacky base/glue for it would be ideal. This particular one is very small so it eased my paranoia lol. I hope u get past your fear Hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...you look gorgeous. Those colors are really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great NYE look. Btw, I also have to mix my concealer sometimes bc I feel it's too light. I need dark. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty:)

    Check out my New Year's Blog Giveaway!

    http://jayannecosmetics.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-years-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it hun!!! the eyeshadow is killer and the cheeks are TDF!!! HOT!!! Happppyyyyy New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glitter is so cute on you! I wish I could wear glitter, it seems to irritate my eyes these days no matter how careful I am when applying it :'(

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...