Friday, February 3, 2012

Review & Comparison: London Soho New York Beauty Sponge (Possible dupe for the Beauty Blender)

  A couple weeks ago I went to Walgreen's and I spotted a new display by a company called London Soho New York. The display consisted of some makeup brushes and this sponge that looked a lot like the Beauty Blender.  Of course being the beauty junkie I am, I bought it :) I also wanted to see how it compares to the Beauty Blender.




Just like the Beauty Blender, it's pink and has the same egg shape but it has this sort of ring around it which makes it more ergonomic which I feel does help it from slipping out of my hands. It also expands to about double its size when you wet it. You can use it dry if you like but I prefer to use it when it's damp so that it won't soak up a lot of foundation. The sponge is bit more firmer then the Beauty Blender and you have to give a little more pressure when stippling and blending out any foundation but not so much where it feels unpleasant. The tip is more narrow but performs pretty much the same and I get the an airbrushed finish as I do with the Beauty Blender.


Left: London Soho NY Beauty Sponge, Right: Beauty Blender


Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase. So if you've been lemming for the Beauty Blender but don't want to spend so much on a sponge, this a great affordable dupe/alternative.

Where to buy?
Retails for $7.99 at Walgreen's

8 comments:

  1. I actually have been wanting the beauty blender sponge myself, but cant get myself to purchase it for the price that it is.. I saw this one at walgreens the other day.. And now that you purchased it and like it.. I think I might get that one! :D

    P.S. I awarded you a blogger award on my blog, please check it out when you can!
    http://www.beautyandthebrute.com/2012/02/kreativ-blogger-award-thank-you-lisa.html

    xoxo Khristine (aka MyFitBeauty)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's howi felt about purchasing the BB but since I got a deal on a bloom.com voucher, I decided to get it. This is such a great alternative though!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the bday greeting girl. You're almost 30? No way! You look super young. BY the way, thanks for doing a post on this. I will check out my local Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Np girly :) lol I meant that I'm close to 30. I'm the same age as you, about to turn 27 too :) were just a day apart

      Delete
  3. i saw this collection too over the weekend, but i wanted the brushes! thanks for the review on the sponge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always see this but i was hesitant to buy, thanks for the review!!
    now following you!!

    xx
    Jill
    stop by sometime ^_^
    http://aquaknockout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...