Friday, March 30, 2012

NOTW: Water Marble Nails

Hey Everyone! I attempted to try the water marbling technique for the first time on my nails the other day and it wasn't too bad at my first try! I messed up on 1 finger which you can see in the picture but everything else came out fine.




It was pretty simple but the only thing I didn't like was that it's time consuming! If you're wondering what nail polishes are on my nails,  used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in White On as a base and then for the marbling process, I used Wet 'N' Wild Tropicalia and the ever so popular For Audrey by China Glaze.

Last week I put polka dots on my ring fingers using the same colors. I really like how these colors contrast one another!



13 comments:

  1. So pretty! I haven't tried marble nails. I've always been meaning too but... well, it's kinds time consuming so I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah, that looks really cool. did you free hand it? or did you use the pen? i wish i could do these nail arts. i suck at them though.

    Shoetopia Giveaway -- 3 winners. Come and join! :D
    10% off discount code to Vantage Point Vintage

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldnt exactly say free hand but technically yes. If you look up water marbling, you'll see what it is =)

      Delete
  3. Your nails are so pretty! I need Tropicalia- I think I might like it more than Club Havana, which I have on right now (a little too much of an orange-coral for me). I so wish I had the skills to water marble!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I don't think skills are a factor. It's more a matter of patience =)

      Delete
  4. Great nails! I really love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ur nails came out soooo cute!!!! i have been dying to try this, but like you said, time consuming! lol.. love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this look is amazing!! i love nail art but only downside is it always takes up so much time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out pretty good! I just have no patience with nail polish application :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love both nail creations!! i tried water marbling once and though I loved the effect, I too thought it was time consuming and messy... seeing yours makes me want to try it again though :))

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...