Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MAC Reel Sexy and Tres Cheek haul

First off, I'm sooooo sorry for the lack of posts! My nephew's 1st birthday party just recently past and that's what has kept my attention. Helping my sister plan and of course his cute self is a big part of being distracted. With that already done, Now I can clear my head and blog again =)

No matter how hard I try, as of lately anyways, I can't help but get something from one of MAC's LE collections. This year I am interested in adding more blushes and Lipsticks to my stash so when I heard that MAC was going to have an all blush collection, I heavily stalked specktra's forums to see what people were anticipating and if anyone had uploaded swatches.

I initially had my heart set on getting at least 3 which were Modern Mandarin, Immortal Flower and love cloud but after seeing so many swatches and comparisons, I settled on Modern Mandarin solely because it looked like the most unique blush out of the collection and I didn't have anything like it. Everything else seemed dupable.  People kept on saying Immortal flower wasn't that pigmented and I saw a swatch next to Illamasqua Lover which I recently acquired, and it looked similar enough to pass. I also saw a comparison swatch next to Tarte's Dollface and they looked very close so that was a skip as well.

MAC Modern Mandarin
Now this is a purchase I most def don't regret Purchasing. At first, I was a bit intimidated by this considering the swatches I've seen online looked way too red and just over the top but I got it anyway and I'm glad I did. It is soooo pretty on the cheeks and just gives this fresh, warm youthful glow to your complexion. I've even seen it on some girl who was about an NC or NW 15. Don't let it's vibrancy fool you. With proper application, I think anyone can wear this! Just build up the color to your liking. This was the first to sell out but as of right now, all the blushes are back in stock on the MAC website if you're interested.

Here are some not so great pictures I took with my iPhone 4s on my cheeks and arm swatches:
MAC Modern Mandarin - Left: heavily swatched, Right: applied w/angled blush brush


MAC Modern Mandarin - Left: heavily swatched, Right: applied w/angled blush brush
I waited too long to decide on getting Watch Me Simmer from the SHOP MAC, COOK MAC collection and then it was gone. Surprisingly enough, MAC put this in their Reel Sexy collection only 2 months after it's release so of course I ordered it right away. Application was smooth and not streaky, at least for me. I can already see it being a favorite of mine.
MAC Watch Me Simmer Lipstick

MAC Watch Me Simmer
Last but not least is Reel sexy. it's a pretty BRIGHT and I mean BRIGHT light coral. I find that if I just swipe it on, it comes out looking neon and chalky on me which is not a look I like on myself so I found that by patting it on with well moisturized lips, looks more flattering on me in my opinion. None the less, it's a lovely color.
MAC Reel Sexy lipstick
Reel Sexy patted on the lips

Did you pick up anything from these collections?

12 comments:

  1. I love the reel sexy, such a lovely shade ^_^~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, just a lil tricky on how to apply.

      Delete
  2. love the lipsticks lady!! go check out my blog i gave you an award :) http://aylaloveslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! That reminds me I need to post up other awards I was given. I'm majorly slacking!

      Delete
  3. great haul and fotd's!!! i got those lipstick, but i got the blushes you mentioned. i don't have the dupes, so i guess it's ok that i got them. though i'm thinking of returning them.. they don't do it for me... almost natural flush colors. immortal flower looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. natural flush is cool, just not what i want of an 8-9 piece blush collection.. just thought to add lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i meant modern manderin ... not immortal flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks girl! I know what u mean and other people were saying that they weren't as bright as they thought so I can see why you would want to return them. That's why I just got one blush.

      Delete
  6. Watch Me Simmer is stunnnninnngggg on you!!! I think it's your perfect lip color :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted them both! But i'm not gonna pay $30 for one on eBay lol. They are so stunning!
    Janine

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...