Monday, May 3, 2010

Product Review: La Femme Blush On Rouge & IMATS

Hey everyone! Happy Monday! I hope you all had a good weekend and started your week off well. I can't believe it's already May. The year has been flying by so fast! I was so wrapped up in my sister's wedding and now that it's finally over, I have IMATS LA to look forward to in June, among other lil vacations planned this summer. I bought my tickets last weekend for the show and feel like a kid in a candy store just thinking about all the wonderful cosmetic goodness that will be at IMATS!!! I'll be going with one of my best friends who is a Hair Stylist and 5 or 6 of her classmates from her Beauty School.  I have been making a list of what I want for my self & need to get for my kit so that I don't get carried away buying things that I don't necessarily need. 

Just wondering if any of you lovely ladies & gents are going to attend IMATS LA this June and if so, it would nice to meet you face to face! 

Anyways, about 2 months ago I ordered a customized palette of the La Femme Blush On Rouge blushes from Makeupmania.com . From what I've heard and when I spoke to Eva(she manages company and the site), La Femme does private labeling for companies like Napoleon Perdis & Ben Nye. Now I'm not exactly sure which products they do it for except for the blushes and I think eyeshadows.  Although I know for sure that the Color Discs from Napoleon perdis are made by La Femme. I can't believe the price mark up for them!  They cost $22 on the Napoleon Perdis website.

I got to customize my palette through the palette lab on Makeupmania's website which was 12 colors for 35 dollars including the empty palette! If you bought the blushes by itself in the regular containers they would cost you about 3.00 dollars and the empty palette itself is 14 bucks. Each blush cost only 2.50 each and the palette pretty much cost only 5 dollars.  There was no tax, just the cost of shipping which was almost 5 bucks. You only get this price if you do it through their palette lab. It's pretty cool cause when you put it together, you can place the pans in what ever order you want and it'll get shipped to you like that. This is available for both the La Femme Blushes and the eye shadows which you can mix together I believe.

These colors are super pigmented and last all day on my cheeks, which is good cause I have combination skin, mainly oily with dry patches here and there. They blend easily & are not chalky/powdery at all. I suggest using  a light hand with these blushes. Most of the time I use my MAC 187 stippling brush to apply them as I don't want to look like a clown! I find my self using Peach Sparkle & Mocha most of the time for everyday wear. The rest are so dramatic so I save them for nights out but you can sheer them out. I just wanted to get a variety that will suit different skin tones. The palette is refillable just like the MAC palettes, you can re-arrange them as you wish just by sticking a pin into the little holes at the bottom of the palette to push each pan out. 

Pros: Great pigmentation, lasts all day, cheap price, blends easily, variety of colors to choose from
Cons: I don't really have any cons about the product itself except for the cardboard packaging but honestly it's not a big deal to me, It seem to be sturdy enough. Also from what I see, you can only order these online so if you're like me, who actually likes to see & feel the product in person, you can only rely on your judgement and  if you can find swatches online from other beauty bloggers such as myself. Luckily there were a few bloggers that had previously reviewed/swatched them like Ms. Christiana and birkinbagbeauty . 
Also, the shipping took longer than I expected. About 2 weeks, so just expect to wait a lil while.

These are a great buy if you're on a budget & you don't have many blushes to begin with or if you are a makeup artist trying to build your kit. Don't let the price fool you too. I'm a firm believer that high prices don't always equal good quality. Even some well known high end brands have some crappy products.  This brand of blushes are used by other makeup artists and are mentioned on celebrity makeup artist Kevin-James Bennett's website INMYKIT which if you haven't seen his website, he lists a variety of different brands of cosmetics and skin care products that a lot of makeup artists use in their kits.

On to the Pictures and swatches! These were swatched on NC35 skin. BTW, if you're wondering why there's one missing in an odd place, They were out of stock of one of the colors that I wanted but they'll ship it to you once they get more or they'll replace it with another color of your choice. You can click the pictures to make them bigger.


With flash

No flash

I hope you find this review helpful! Till then, TTY beauties later!

10 comments:

  1. omg this is so helpful. I've been lemming on these and i think its such a great price for what you get!! I'm so getting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that this review was helpful. Trust me, you will not regret purchasing the palette. I think I might get more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, thanks for that! i'm slowly building my kit and this is really great and the good prices...holler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how nice and pigmented! I really need a palette like that, I wonder if their eyeshadows are as pigmented?

    Just followed you, btw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ celly: I'm slowly building mines too & this palette will be great in your kit!

    @ Ritalime: I can't say if their shadows are pigmented or not but I would think they are considering the blushes were. I may order some if i get more blushes. Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANTTT IT!!! AND to reply to your question about 3d.


    I just normally soak them in Nail Polish Remover and I use A tweeezer to remove them if they are stubborn:P hahha. I usually leave them on for 2 Weeks and if I'm sick of them I just dont apply clear coat anymore and eventually it is easier to remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for answering my question Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yoooo, lovin the blog! So much that I followed in fact. :)

    You got some good shit goin on! :D

    Feel free to check up on mine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh, and I saw that question on your profile about controlling combo/oily skin. I LOVE MAC's Prep+Prime loose powder!!! It's the shitttt! I have combo skin and I just put the tiniest amount on my t-zone. It mattifies that oil slick all day. In fact, I think I'll do a review on it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...