Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Collective haul


Over the last few months, I've been hauling things here and there and realized that I never posted the pictures. If you would like swatches, just let me know but I know there are plenty of swatches all over the Internet =)


L-R: Designated Driver, Tropicalia, Club Havana, On a Trip, Through the Grapevine
All I have to say is these are great drugstore polishes. The wands are a lil too wide but nothing that some nail polish remover and a q-tip can't fix!
Essie nail polishes in Barefoot in Blue, Shine of the Times, As Gold as it Gets & Pure Pearlfection
I received the barefoot in blue from a facebook giveaway that Essie and Tom's were having. Gotta love freebies! The rest of the Essie polishes I picked up in January from a local nail supply store for $4 bucks each. It's where I get all the higher end brands like OPI, Zoya, China Glaze cause they sell them for a lil over 50% normal retail price. These are from the Luxe effects collection. I was tempted to get the ones with the chunky glitter but it's just a pain to remove so I passed.
NYC Matte Me Crazy, Revlon Royal, Sinful Colors Hazardous, Zoya Shay
I never got on with the matte polish trend but I saw the NYC matte top coat and I figured I can make any color matte. I was looking for a royal blue polish and Revlon's Royal fits the bill but I had to apply about 3 coats of it to be opaque. I've been trying to find the perfect coral and although the Sinful Colors nail polish In Hazardous is coral, it leans a bit neon. Zoya Shay, which I believe is from a collection last year is just a simple pretty nude.
Maybelline Color Tattoo Fierce and Tangy & Edgy Emerald
I wanted to pick up more of the color tattoos since I only had one which was Tough as Taupe. Due to all the hype and frenzy over this product, these were somewhat hard to find cause they are new and really that good! So I waited a few months for the craze to die down before I picked up more. Plus they're permanent. I only wish Maybelline came out with a nude base.
MAC Redhead Mineralize Skin Finish

Back in January, MAC repromoted this in the Naturally collection and at first I wasn't interested but after seeing this on other gals with my complexion, I placed an order online since it was sold out at my local counters and store.
Illamasqua Lover blush
NARS Madly blush

One of my sisters gave me a gift card to Sephora for my birthday in February so I picked up a Illamasqua and NARS blush. I've always wanted to try both brands and everyone knows NARS for their blushes, especially Orgasm but I went with Madly instead. It doesn't look like much in the pan but on the cheeks is a different story. I just love this blush!
I haven't tried anything from Illamasqua yet but I heard good things about their blushes. I looked up swatches and settled with Lover because I didn't have anything like it in my stash. Plus I want to add more blushes to my collection =) I know MAC came out with their Tres Cheek collection and there was a blush I wanted called Immortal Flower  but after seeing swatches of Lover and Immortal flower next to each other, I skipped out on it. They look similar but people kept mentioning that you really had to build up Immortal flower for it to show.
Revlon Super Lustrous Coral Reef & Wet 'N' Wild Megalast Purty Persimmon
Tangerine Tango was named color of the year and I wasn't sure if Orange would look good on my lips so I picked up Wet 'N' Wild's Megalast lipstick in Purty Persimmon which was released this year with a few other new shades. I love the megalast lipsticks for their color payoff and formula. If you wanna get into wearing bold lips, I'd say this line of lipsticks is a great product to start with.
I also got Revlon's Super lustrous lip gloss in coral Reef which I've been eyeing for the longest time. It's nice on its own but I love it over a nude lipstick to add a hint of color.
Here's Purty Persimmon on the lips. I like it more then I expected. It's not full on Orange but more of a red-orange. If you want MAC's Morange, try this first. They look almost identical from the swatches I've seen.
 
theBalm Sexy Mama
theBalm continues to impress me with their products and this isn't an exception. I'd say this is a more expensive version of Maybelline's Dream Matte powder. It doesn't really add any color to my skin, maybe just a hint but I don't know how it would fare on deeper complexions.
Clinique Moisture Surge Intense
This was a freebie when I ordered the blushes from sephora. Clinique wasn't kidding by naming this moisture surge intense. I have a few dry spots on my face and this kept them from getting flakey.

17 comments:

  1. woah!! that's a lot of haul!! love them all!! I love the maybellien's color tattoo!!yeah, i also wish they came up with nude ones~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I have more :/ but that'll be in a separate post...

      Delete
  2. Awesome haul! You look gorgeous in the photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I wanna go shopping now! I love all the polishes you got, they look so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to slow down a bit. I get things here and there but it adds up lol

      Delete
  4. Great haul! The lipstick looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. purty pursimmon looks so nice on you! thanks for sharing your haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the essie polishes look fun to wear. i'll also have to find those tattoo shadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are great to add a lil oomph to a plain color!

      Delete
  7. Wow great haul i really want the tattoo eyes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look fabulous darling!! that red-orange is a head turner, you look like a star!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot"
    For this is the very simple, just follow our blog, enter your Country, your blog url, and you will automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world to share with us the different passions, fashion, paintings, artwork, photos, poems and so be able to find in other countries people with similar passions.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    Please follow our blog is very appreciate
    Have a great day with the hope that you follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    Regards
    Chris
    To find out, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color of your lipstick is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...