So last week on Wednesday I received my order from Bf-beauty.com. Not too long ago I heard about them from lady @ Glitter is my Crack... . At $1.50 for a pan the size of MUFE eye shadows, I thought why not give these a try and if they suck, then it's not something I'd cry over. I picked up 10 colors to try out, but I was really curious about their matte shadows since good quality matte e/s are hard to come by. I also ordered a 20 pan empty palette and some false lashes as well cause u can never have too many false lashes! I was impressed with the shipping since I placed my order on a Thursday night and got an email Friday morning saying that they already shipped it. I just did the standard airmail shipping which they stated on their website takes about 5-14 working days but I got it in 4 business days so that made me happy. They also included a lil freebie, some faux nails which I probably won't use but it was a nice gesture anyways.
First impressions of the shadows: These shadows are a hit or miss. Now I can't speak for all of the shades since there are a TON of colors to choose from but I was a bit disappointed with some of the matte ones that I received as they were not as pigmented and a bit chalky. The first 2 pics were swatched on bare skin, no base at all. On the 3rd picture, they were swatched on top of MAC PRO Pure White Chromaline, & 4th pic swatches were made on top of MUFE Aqua Cream #4 Snow. Click the pictures to enlarge...
I'm gonna play around with these and see how well they apply and stay on my lids. So when I do get some good use out of these, I will do a review.
I'm also excited because less then 2 weeks ago, I was contacted by Selina from Cellnique to try out some products from their line for a review and I received them today! I got 2 things which were the Skin Action Sebum Gel & the Advanced Bio renewal Masque.
I'm going to test these out for at least a month before giving it a thorough review so be on the look out for that! Till next time lovelies!
EDIT 7/27/10 @ 3:00pm- I forgot to list the prices of some of the stuff....
If you register for an account on BF-Beauty.com the prices of their stuff are slightly cheaper than if you don't. It's free so you might as well sign up!
For example the eye shadow pans are $1.50 but if you register for an account it's $1.45. Also the empty 20 palette is originally $8.99 but it cost me only $8.72. When you register, you get 20 points which is worth $1.00 that you can use towards your order and everytime you order you get points as well to use for the next purchase. Also what I need to mention is that shipping was DIRT CHEAP. My order came to about $30.00 just for the items without redeeming the points yet and shipping was only $1.20.
They also sell pre-made palettes, brushes, hella lashes which are cheap too, and many more things. Check them out and if you guys do, I'd love to see what you hauled!
EDIT 7/27/10 @ 3:00pm- I forgot to list the prices of some of the stuff....
If you register for an account on BF-Beauty.com the prices of their stuff are slightly cheaper than if you don't. It's free so you might as well sign up!
For example the eye shadow pans are $1.50 but if you register for an account it's $1.45. Also the empty 20 palette is originally $8.99 but it cost me only $8.72. When you register, you get 20 points which is worth $1.00 that you can use towards your order and everytime you order you get points as well to use for the next purchase. Also what I need to mention is that shipping was DIRT CHEAP. My order came to about $30.00 just for the items without redeeming the points yet and shipping was only $1.20.
They also sell pre-made palettes, brushes, hella lashes which are cheap too, and many more things. Check them out and if you guys do, I'd love to see what you hauled!

great haul darling
ReplyDeletepretty :] the shadows remind me of MAC dare to wear
ReplyDeleteGreat haul!
ReplyDeletehttp://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com
The colors are definitely pigmented and bright! Too bad they're chalky as most mattes then to be.
ReplyDelete@ that BADass senorita: now that u mention it, some kinda do...
ReplyDelete@ Kristie: The matte blue one was great as I didn't have any issues swatching it but I was really hoping for the yellow and orange to be like that too. The pearl/shimmer ones were easy to swatch too.
ooo great haul, thanks for sharing the linkage. sucks about some of the shadow - i wanna purchase some tho.
ReplyDeleteawesome haul!!!
ReplyDelete@ Celia: Np problem girl. You should check em out. I'm sure the shimmery/frosty ones won't disappoint with what ever you choose. I think it'll be a guessing game with the matte ones though. The blue one is awesome!
ReplyDeletei really want to try false eyelashes. you've got some pretty good stuff! :D
ReplyDelete<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
great haul!
ReplyDeleteI always wanted to order bulk lashes like these but never got around to it.. PLUS, I'm awful at applying lashes.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to let you know I've given you an award over on my blog here:
http://themakeupdrawer.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-heart-your-blog-award.html
Have a great day! =)
The matte eyeshadows are chalky! You got some fun eyelashes though!
ReplyDeleteGreat Review!
ReplyDeleteI left you an award on my blog. Please visit make-upbylaura1.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-love-your-blog-award.html
Pretty lashes! I want them! lol.
ReplyDeleteOoh a lot of the colors still look pretty nice for the price :)
ReplyDeleteHey doll!! I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle© " This is how I promote all my followers, and help them increase traffic to their blog & allow my followers to learn more about the blogs that I feature. There are 5 different programs. Check out my blog at www.edkdolce.blogspot.com to find out more!
ReplyDelete♥ Elle
Lovely colors and great haul...
ReplyDeleteThat looks really cool!
ReplyDeleteConfessions of a Beautyholic
I love those colourful shadows, beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteVisit my blog if you like, we have a giveaway going on this week!
XOXO
www.ohmyvogue-blog.blogspot.com
The second set of lashes is so glamorous!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your blog! Look forward to more ;) Check out my blog at www.msmadeulook.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHey doll! How are you?
ReplyDeleteGreat haul :)
XOXO
Michelle
www.hardcoremakeupjunkie.com
I see this is quite an old post... Have you tried and tested them?
ReplyDeleteI'm really interested in your opinion of the yellow, maybe even the orange and the red, since I've been thinking about ordering them.
Thank you so much for the swatches :) !
OMG look at all those pigments!!! My eyes are getting rainbow happy :)))
ReplyDelete