Friday, February 19, 2010

1st post into the beauty blogging world

Hello & welcome my fellow cosmo beauties! This is my 1st post into the Beauty side of the blogging world so please bear with me as I get this blog started!

A little info on how got *a little* addicted to makeup =)

I am somewhat of a late bloomer in this wonderful world of makeup. It all started in middle school; I had a friend who tweezed her eyebrows very thin, so being young and naive, I decided to follow her lead and tweeze mines too but I over plucked and eventually had to start drawing my brows in. From then on throughout High school, my makeup routine consisted of drawing on my brows, dark lip liner and mascara. I've always been intrigued by makeup but never knew how to apply it properly. Not too long after high school, I met a friend who knew way more than I did and she taught me a few things & did my eye shadow when we'd go out. I loved the way I looked & so that's when I started to buy things here and there. Still not happy with my makeup application techniques, I turned to the internet & youtube for info, tips & more. Good thing I did because I've learned so much from the many makeup artists & gurus on here. The past 2 years I've been blowing a lot of my money on anything beauty related so I've racked up quite a bit more then what most of my friends & fam have. I've also been getting better at applying makeup on myself and occasionally do make up on my sisters & friends. They've encouraged me to get into freelancing so I'm gonna try that out & see where it goes.

Also about two weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet Camilla from www.makeupbycamilla.com. I've been reading her blogs for a while & saw she was located in the Bay Area like myself, so I contacted her a couple months ago to see if she can be the makeup artist for my sisters' wedding in April. So we set up a consultation & we drove up to meet with Camilla for the consult. She was so friendly and professional. I expressed interest in freelancing to her and she gave me tips on how to get started so I think she gave me that extra push to start this blog. Check out her work on my sister & others!

Anyways, to any one that stumbles upon my blog, thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. welcome to the blog world :) I love Camilla. she's so cute and she does an amazing job with makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! I just barely found your blog not too long ago and I love the looks! Hopefully when Imats comes around, I can meet more of you wonderful ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hii There:D
    I've just discovered your blog!<3
    You did really well on your friends make up! I can't wait to read more of your blogs! I also did the same thing witht he OVER TWEEZING Eyebrow thing :( WHICH I am letting them growww right now. It's taking it sweeet time! Hahaha<3 Take care and have a wonderful day babe!<3

    xoxox Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI cindy! thanks for the compliment! I feel your pain of having to wait while they grow! I hated the way my brows looked while they were growing out, I was always tempted to pluck out each hair but I resisted thank god! I'll be sure to check your blog out myself! Have a great week hun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey welcome to the blogging world! i just started myself a couple months ago too :) omg, your post sounded sooo much like my story! i overplucked mine too and now i have to draw them on as well...:P thanks for becoming a follower on my blog, great job on your friend's makeup and good luck with everything! let me know if you have any questions about blogging or anything in general..can't wait to share beauty tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the warm welcome Liana! I'm glad to see that there are people actually reading my blog =) also people that can relate to my beauty mishaps! I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Thanks for subscribing to my blog. I love the looks you've done so far. Keep up the great work!

    Michelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...