Friday, June 1, 2012

Review: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

I'm not the type of person to hop on the band wagon when it comes to anything beauty related. I like to wait for YouTube or blog reviews before I actually go out and buy them, at least most of the time =P

 I've never owned any real techniques brushes despite hearing all the rave reviews on YouTube and the blogosphere. If you asked me why, I couldn't give you an answer but a couple weeks ago Ulta was having a BOGO half off sale on Real Techniques and I also saw that there were 3 new brushes, one of them being the expert face brush with reminded me of a Royal and Langnickel brush that one of my best friends loves. I believe it was the Silk Pro Super foundation brush BC142.


 The expert face brush sort of has a paddle shape but instead of being flat, it's rounded which makes it perfect for buffing in your foundation and doesn't leave any lines because it has no edges. It's also small enough to get into those hard to reach places like around the nose and even under the eyes for concealer if you wish. I've tried this with liquid & cream foundation which applies it effortlessly. Even with cream blush and contouring, I couldn't find any faults. If I could point out something I didn't like about this brush, it's probably the wide base which makes this brush somewhat of a hassle to store but I can look past that fact because it doesn't affect the performance of this brush at all.


Like all of the brushes in this line, they're cruelty free made of synthetic taklon bristles. It's super soft, dense and doesn't absorb foundation. The bristles also don't bunch together as fast as some other foundation brushes so you don't have to wash it every other day( I'm talking to you Sephora Airbrush #55!) washing this brush is a breeze and it dries pretty fast too!  The way the expert face brush performs, you would think it costs more then the low $8.99 price tag it has.  Ulta is always having sales so be on the look out when they have these on sale. Even if it wasn't, I'd still purchase it because it has become my favorite way to apply foundation.

 I hope you found this review helpful if you re in the market for a new foundation brush but are on a budget. 

Have you tried out this brush or any other real techniques brushes?

12 comments:

  1. In need if some brush upgrades def need to check these out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I waited so long but this line of brushes are so worth it!

      Delete
  2. Good review. I like nice tools for makeup. I may check these out as I am a total brush fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not regret it. I'm somewhat of a brush junkie myself. More so eye brushes though.

      Delete
  3. I really want to try some of the Real Techniques brushes, but I have too many brushes already! Maybe when some of my crappier ones fall apart, or there's a sale on..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I've been holding out on eye brushes cause I have too many but I lack in the face brush department.

      Delete
  4. i've been looking into getting a brush from this line, this looks neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were to get one, the expert face brush is what you should get :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this yet but this look pretty nice! I'm pretty satisfied with my Sigma brushes at the moment! Thanks for sharing ^_^~

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's an awesome brush! I haven't tried any sigma brushes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for some new brushes. I should try these

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to follow your blog because
    1. You're posts are awesome!
    2. You're from SJ like me! Gotta represent the bay!!!

    Hope you can check out my blog some time too :) :)

    Get Glam
    Get Glam
    Get Glam

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing all your sweet comments/feedback but please don't leave links in the comments. I'll do my best to get back to you too=)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...